- Provide a communication link between all segments of the cattle industry in Miami County Ohio
- Promote the Beef and Dairy Beef Industry
- Assist and encourage 4-H and FFA youth with beef and dairy beef projects
- Provide directors to the Ohio Cattlemen’s Association
- Promote a positive focus on the importance of a sound agricultural economy within the local community and the state of Ohio
The Miami County Cattlemen are contributing to the promotion of the beef industry by:
- Holding Lunch on the Courthouse Lawn the last Friday of the month. Dates are pending. More than 600 people eat a nutritious beef lunch at these events.
- Providing lunch for local, state, and national elected officials at the annual County Government week Brown Bag Lunch on April 27, 2018.
- Working closely with the Miami County Extension Office to promote educational opportunities for Miami County Beef and Dairy Beef producers.
- Taking part in Beef Promotion Month in May.
- Various beef and dairy beef promotions throughout the Miami County Fair, such as sponsoring the bred and born steer and heifer shows, sponsoring awards for showmanship, providing breakfast for beef and dairy beef exhibitors, cooking chopped sirloin sandwiches for buyers during the Jr. fair sale, hosting the beef and dairy beef exhibitor fun day, and cooking chopped sirloin sandwiches the night of the beef steer/heifer show.
- Holding an annual Miami County Beef Queen Contest
- Assisting the Miami County Sr. and Jr. Fairboard with Junior 4-H exhibitor beef breeding, steer, and market heifer projects and dairy beef projects.
MIAMI COUNTY BRED & BORN CATTLE
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD 2018 ENTRY FORM - DAIRY BEEF
Miami County Dairy Breeder List
Dave Demmitt of Demmitt Dairy Farm – 937 335-2013
Pat Lavy of Lavy Dairy Farm – 937 623-5725
Nick Morrow of Morrow Farms – 937 875-1087
Jeff Knoop of Knoop Farms – 937 214-2321
Mark Brown – 937 875-0745
BRED & BORN SHOW: **Exhibitor and Breeder must both be members of the Miami County Cattlemen in order to show** FEES COLLECTED WILL BE PAID OUT AS PRIZE MONEY TO EXHIBITORS OF THE BORN & RAISED SHOW.
15.00 Nomination Fee by June 1st
Please complete and return form by June 1st to:
P. O. Box 386
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
MCCA Beef Queen
Congratulations to our 2018 Beef Queen Miss Caitlyn Cobb!
Caitlyn's parents are Shawn and Sarah Cobb. Her interest include playing volleyball, crafts and agricultural sciences. She is 15 years old and in her junior year of high school as well as in her fifth year in 4-H. Caitlyn is taking a market steer to the 2018 Miami County Fair.
Mcca Event Photos
Watch for more photos of MCCA Events!
Click the thumbnails to view the photos from past events.